Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Work




Oh how i love their work :)
So sweet, so industrious.....
Today, I was realizing how heartbreakingly fleeting this is...this simple, fully present & mindfull work of my littles. The daily "treasures" left around the house and yard, the animal scenes set up and abandoned to feed the "babies"...I try to catch these moments as I know, all too soon, the questioning may arise...the value of 'time' sets in and what to do with it...the thought of which can sometimes be numbing to the point that nothing is done...no choice is taken for fear fo what may be missed.
Times like this, my thoughts turn to my oldest child, now 14, and way back when his busy work was the work of being engaged and present in the simplest of tasks. I can see in him now the struggle of 'time'...what to do with it...what not to do with it...all that needs to be done and all the promise that future moments hold. Sometimes overwhelming to the point that as the pondering happens....precious moments themselves slip away.
As all of this swims around inside my head in a flux of sweetness, anxiety, regret and hope, I see that the current 'work' of my children seems so different until I stop for a moment and realize that at the core, it's really all about defining and figuring out isn't it? Perhaps on a different scale, scope and depth but, still important work nonetheless...

1 comment:

  1. Ahh yes.. very important work indeed they do even if they don't realize it. I'm glad you are there to catch these moments..

    love ya sis
    xx

    ReplyDelete