Thursday, April 9, 2009

Work



Their work, his work, my work....our work.

Balance - such a tricky thing sometimes.

See, I thought my girls would love a chance to play by themselves in their room while their brother and I did some one on one focusing. Their own games, their own rules, no older brothers...ahem, directing their activities ;) Well, you would think but it seems there's something about telling 2 little girls they can do something that must make it that less appealing.

So our solution? Work! And it worked, I tell you. I gave them some highly important duties. Did you know that if you give 2 little girls 2 muffin tins and a huge bowl of buttons this can keep them busy for an hour and a half? I was shocked. I knew they'd be busy but, that long? Wow. We now have buttons sorted into colors which is so nice when I only have a minute or 2 here and there to be able to find just what I need.

They'll be color coding a bit more today with some yummy vintage scraps...hmmm, maybe I'll join them in some of that fabric goodness.



Party update...crowns are finished!

4 comments:

  1. Buttons are always such a hit! I usually put them in wood bowls, but I love the idea of the muffin tin. I'll have to try that. Your crowns are beautiful...hopefully for sale at Etsy sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ladies!
    I may put some up for sale soon :) Thanks for asking!
    Yes, the tin worked well for organizing. When they were done, they liked seeing all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ove your blogy blog ;-)
    we are lake people too

    ReplyDelete