

Brilliantly gorgeous weekend. Bluest skies...fullest moon. Heaven.
Sick kiddos?
Not so much bliss.
Or so I thought...we stuck pretty close to home and actually had a sweet time of it - coodies and all. Even got some painting done on the house. Yeah, that's me on the ladder and the baby far below. Hmm, maybe this wasn't such a good idea...I figured it was better than having her strapped to my body while high on the ladder...No babies were harmed in the painting of this house. I don't even think any paint was ingested. Honest.
With my love working away all day Saturday I had a mind to get some things done. Nothing big, just paint the house, clear out the garage for a studio space, make a bunch of homemade magic from flour and fabric. The usual. Ahem. Maybe not. A girl can dream can't she?
So, aiming high, I set to work. We did a little painting then, as the kids needed, switched gears to the garage. These guys, well okay this one guy, has a hard time letting go of toys so we usually just move them to the garage. Now, the special ones we hang onto but this child has toys in there that are just dust collectors at this point. To remedy the situation, I had him create a little garage sale with me as his best customer. I told him I would pay him 25 cents (and not a penny more mind you) for each toy he got rid of. He's a clever one too I tell you because he starting deconstructing these toys and saying "OK, a quarter for his helmet, a quarter for these straps...". Uh uh. Hold it there little man. I didn't just roll off the potato truck, but nice try.
Happiness reigned in the end as he ended up with $6 (wait, didn't I already pay for these toys the first time around?) and I had a bit more wiggle room for a sweet little studio.
As for the flour and fabric goodness, does a store bought blueberry pie from the freezer count? It's organic...really - we hit an awesome sale a while back as our grocery store was phasing out their Vermont Pie Co. pies. $5. No lie. Just good pie.

Sweet little weekend.
Yes! Clean out and get rid of are my two favorite activities these days (sounds pathetic, but it feels good to purge).
ReplyDeleteWe are going to try and institute a new policy - one thing in - one thing out... that goes for parents too...hmmm, wish me luck!
ReplyDelete