Monday, January 4, 2010

Bag it.



Winter.

7 people. All their *stuff*.

Without a mudroom.

"Ummm", (she says as she bites the inside of her lip and drums her fingers)..."not again".

Oh yes :: Again.

So, instead of dread, I decided to do.

We tend to have a bit of a winter clothing issue here...you would think, "Now how many places can a mitten hide in 800 square feet?", but oh - they find a way. Then there is the "Mine" factor. As in that's not mine. Well, they look all the same size. Really.

That was it.  So, now we're baggin' it.  Where once we had a basket full of outer wear, now we each have a bag. Once your goods are dried, they go back in the bag - that is, if you ever hope to see them again.

These are even easier than those zippered doohickeys. Thin elastic drawn through and tied. They even close themselves! Now how much easier does it get?  If only we can get those mittens in their bags - we''ll be golden.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! now i wish i could sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!! Winter has just started, and I'm already sick and tired of hearing "My gloves are wet... can I use yours??"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather ~ I started off handsewing for years so maybe you leap from there? One bag at a time :)

    lol jill, don't know if this would solve that problem but at least they will look cute and tidy ;)happy wintering!

    ReplyDelete