My days lately have oscillated between feeling really pretty frustrated with this cozy space of ours to giving myself a swift kick in the rear and thanking my lucky stars for all the goodness these walls hold.
On the days the pep talk wasn't cutting it (and once I managed get out of my own funky way), I took a good look around and decided what I could change, just small bits. You know, the details.
I think this little ditty may have helped (thanks Helen!):
If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.
- Maya Angelou
Oh, thank you sweet Maya, That was the boot I needed.
This bathroom here? Insert the "Ugghhh" right about now.. That's really all I could say. Well, that is, until, I took a look at that mess of a shelf... the one that holds the towels, the dipes, the cold care goodies, the electric razors and who knows what else (well, know I do know) and figured the only solution was to organize and hide. What's good for that? Baskets did you say?.
And matching baskets?
Well, that's even better - easy on the eyes I say. I'm finding that in an open, small space such as this ~ the more that things harmonize, the easier it is on the mind.
Hmmm, let's see..and a new mirror. Yes, that should do the trick. Take out that old toothbrush holder and hey- we practically have a new corner right here. The details. Small attainable bits. And now? I actually like my windowless, crowded little bathroom. I almost feel like I'm in someone else's house (that some one being organized and pretty lucky to have found that weathered barn wood mirror.).
Yes, organized and lucky. I like the sound of that.
Now, if we could find a new spot for that cat box....


Its amazing what a mirror and baskets can do for a room!
ReplyDeleteLooks great!
ReplyDeleteNice! It looks positively magazine-perfect. I had the uncomfortable experience last night of sitting on my old couch, daydreaming about a new couch while reading a book about the terrible conflict in the Congo. We are so very lucky and it's so very easy to forget how lucky, when sitting on a ratty old couch.
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! We had though about putting in a window but there is really no place for one (except behind that shelf so no light would come in anyway ;)
ReplyDeleteAndrea, I have that same outlook too...I always thought, hmmm, what could money spent on this (fill in the blank) buy somewhere else? Its s navigating process for me for sure.