Monday, May 5, 2008

Critter Search



Even when we lived in the city, this was a favorite pastime for my oldest son and I ~ and I swear, I almost think we found more critters there, lol!
Once the weather starts to warm and little creepy things begin to wake up, we go a hunting under logs, rocks, boards - anything that might be hiding something exciting like worms, salamanders, grubs and centipedes. Today we found a worm and all felt lucky for that after our long winter :)
The little ones love this and even at 14 my son still loves to poke around and see what he can find. It's also lovely to hear him with his siblings, reminding them to put the rock back exactly the way it was....to be gentle with the critters, don't let them dry out and to still see his curiosity alive as we go searching.

1 comment:

  1. We love this too. We found all sorts of worms the other day - some were tiny and some were HUGE! Fun stuff!
    love, Helen

    ReplyDelete