
This week I tried to stop -
Yes, just STOP.
It all started when my daughter and I were making some cookies and she was pouring the sugar -S-L-O-W-L-Y-...and I had the urge to help her along with a little tip of the measuring cup but, instead, just stopped for a minute and watched her...that's when I SAW her.
Sure, I'm with my kids - all the time, all day usually too but, do I often see them? Not as much as I should and certainly not as much as I wish I have.
What did I see as she was pouring the sugar? I bent down a bit and saw from her eye's view...sunlight pouring in from the kitchen window sparkling on the sugar crystals as they slowly cascaded into the mixing bowl.
She looked at me and smiled...
I just about died a little...
Hey there, remember me? Thought I'd follow your blog ... This post really rang true to me. I too am almost always with my kids but at times I wonder how much I still miss. Great advice to stop and try to see from their eyes. Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDeletebe still my beating heart...I live for those moments.
ReplyDeleteHow beautiful and precious.... I am also with my kids everyday, and I too will remember to 'see' them. Thank you for this....
ReplyDeleteMany blessings....
what a lesson. one i should take heed of. i am forever in a rush, and i am also with my kids all day. sometimes as i am tucking them in at night i realize that i have not even really looked at them all day. what a shame, being a sahm and not actually seeing the ones i am home for. thank you for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteOkay. This just made me tear up a little. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes, despite knowing we should slow down, we f.o.r.g.e.t. I love reminders. Daily moment to moment reminders.
ReplyDeletejust found your blog via flickr (in real life group).
ReplyDeletethis is such a beautiful post and a lovely reminder.
I just found your blog and I really loved this post.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the reminder.