





One storm dumps about a foot and then about a week later - another ones comes along and shakes out just a bit more - another foot. That leaves us pretty well buried down here in the hollow and without power for a couple of days -
Or, as we like to say here, without electricity....we still have power ;)
We are lucky though - some folks had a 3 day stint in the dark and without any electrictry to run their blowers, boilers and such; what a chilly stint it was...thank goodness for the 'warming shelters' that were opened for folks. Such gratitude we have for a shed full of wood...
We managed some showers at extended family's and managed to do a whole list of errands yesterday while we waited for the lights to flicker again...We entertained the thought of holing up in a hotel - pool included of course, but wouldn't you know, we JUST did that the night before the storm struck. We figured we were being clever by beating the storm ;)
Did someone say Spring was around the corner?
I'll take some pics of these crazy high snow mounds we have here. Absolute pure sledding joy.
I love these photos!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics. I for one - I am wanting the snow to end :) But I am loving the bright sun of late!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jodi