
For Nest.
Have I mentioned I don't knit?
Oh, how I would love to though....just haven't made the time to teach myself. Whenever I have a snippet of crafting time I want to dive right in and get something done. Still, soon. Someday soon...
However, I do crochet! Albeit, its a very simple form of crochet, nothing too fancy but, that's o.k. I like simple. And while I feel like the last person on the planet to learn the fine art (or even a basic stitch) of knitting, this simple crochet ability has allowed me to make blankets for my babies, scarves for my loves and now some simple gifts for neighbors near and far. Sometimes simple is just right.
Sunday we took a little family drive out to Owl's Head which afforded me plenty of time to start and finish that wool scarf for Nest.

What a warmly wonderful and loving way to put useful hands to work. Just a bit of time and someone's body and soul are warmed.
Thank you Jean for such a beautiful gift for Maine's people and also for fellow crocheters and knitters alike. Our state is a little more blessed for your act of love...
I do knit, but I love to crochet when I need to get something done fast! I understand you completely! ( I learned to crochet 20 years ago and just in the past few years have taught myself how to knit so I could knit some socks. I don't like crocheted ones.)
ReplyDeleteNo worries- I am definitely the last person on the planet who has yet to learn how to knit or crochet! (I want to learn though..)
ReplyDeleteYarn on mamas! PW - maybe we will need to a have little sit and knit lesson sometime? :)
ReplyDeletehey ladies! Have you tried knitting looms or knitting boards, such as the Knifty Knitters (set of 4 round looms or 4 long boards available at any craft store)They are incredibly easy to use and you can make hats, mittens, scarfs, socks, bags and more! I didn't know how to knit previously, couldn't get the hang of the needles, but now I am knitting away! And it's fun too!
ReplyDelete